Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm gonna give you all a little lecture. *grin*

I started this 'revival' as a labor of love. There was and is no other reason than that. A love for a wondrous time in all our lives. A love for Rivendell/TTR...and that means a love for all of you who made it's heart beat. ALL OF YOU. Not one or two of you who were special and popular. But every character and every person behind that character.

Yes, we are human beings, and as such, have had some things happen within those virtual walls that perhaps were not the most pleasant of situations. I know I did and I know I am no exception. But dwelling on the past will get us where exactly? I submit to you...NOWHERE (and I am just as guilty of this, if not more so; than any of you).

We have joined together once more because the good times out weigh the bad. Because we laughed and told stories and formed friendships, and yes, mayhap even loves. Leave the past there, people, I urge you. It does no good to carry it around. It tarnishes what was the best about Rivendell/TTR...ALL OF YOU!

/kicks soapbox under the bar.

6 comments:

Bronze D'arc Storm said...

*nod* Mega dittos! Let go of the bad and hang on to the good. Oh! And come in and play with me. (All of you!)

~Brooke~ said...

Hey, to tell you the truth, I have such a short memory. I can't remember anything about anyone anymore. Hahaha.

LadyLiterary said...

Amen!!

Radien (Fierre) said...

Thanks for saying this. It makes it easier to come back and re-meet people. I'll keep it in mind and try to be as friendly as possible.

lyric said...

YES!! Thank you Donna... I SO wanted to say the same thing..but didnt feel it was my place.... . I know that as with ANY relationship there were good times and bad...and you are so VERY right.... the "good times out weigh the bad" by TONS....again... I bow to you... and thank you ...

Unknown said...

Amen donna.
-LW